West Michigan Regional Medical Consortium (WMRMC) is the new name for Muskegon County Medical Control Authority. The name was changed to reflect the regional mission of the consortium and the cooperative work that the agency oversees. WMRMC is a 501c3 non-profit corporation that serves as the fiduciary for Region 6 and Region 7 (see the links below). WMRMC is still the Medical Control Authority for Muskegon County. Our offices have not changed and contact information is available on this site under the Contact Us section. Our website is currently undergoing changes to reflect our new name. New content will be added periodically.
The Medical Control Authority (MCA) is an organization designated by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) for the purpose of supervising and coordinating an emergency medical services (EMS) system, as prescribed, adopted, and enforced through department-approved protocols for a particular geographic region.
- The supervision and coordination of the EMS system;
- Adopting an organizational structure of their choice, but must have an advisory body;
- Appointing a medical director who is board certified in emergency medicine or who practices emergency medicine and is current in Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS);
- Establishing written protocols for the practice of life support agencies and EMS personnel;
- Circulating draft protocols to all significantly affected persons for review and submitting to the department for approval;
- Ensuring physicians, hospital staff, and providers are educated on protocols;
- Adhering to protocols